Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brooklyn's First Day of Kindergarten

Kindergarten here we come!


Brooklyn was so excited for school today. As she walked into school by her Aunt Sara's side, she was cool and confident. Her Aunt Sara who is a fifth grader at Brooklyn's school was more nervous than Brooklyn was.


We headed into Mrs. Hage's kindergarten classroom and Brooklyn hung up her backpack and then spotted her friend Sarah, (the girl she met yesterday) who was sitting down on the carpet waiting for her. Sarah smiled at Brooklyn and patted the ground next to her motioning for Brooklyn to come and sit by her.

I couldn't be happier that school has started and Brooklyn is making new friends. Since our move here and having to deal with all the transitions and also the goodbyes to Dad, Brooklyn has had a rough couple of months. We all need to keep busy so we don't miss Dad so much and with school starting and the baby coming we hope that will keep us occupied.


Landon and I got home from dropping Brooklyn off at school and didn't know what to do with ourselves. We played outside for a while and then I decided I better find something to do. If I wasn't having a baby in 5 weeks I would be looking for a job, I am so bored. Everything is ready for this little girl to come. I don't think there is anything else I can sew, or wash to get more ready for her. If I wasn't holding back I would have the car seat in the car already!!! I feel like I am going crazy with so much time on my hands. But that will sure change as soon as the baby comes.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Brooklyn looks so grown up in the picture at the top! I can't believe it! It's so amazing that she is already in kindergarten! Hopefully she did great and loved it! Hang in there, the baby is almost here, we are so excited for you guys!

Courtney said...

Wow, kindergarten! How exciting! I agree with Cassie, she looks so grown up! I hope that it's going well for her and that you and Landon are finding things to keep you busy!

Good luck with your last 5 weeks!

{Erica} said...

She looks so grown up! I showed Ella the pictures. She was happy and sad at the same time. She told me she missed Brooklyn "So very much" because "She's the star of the world!".

Miss you guys!

p.s. the girls got the letter and they've been sleeping with their pages under their pillows :)

The Allred Family said...

Hey! We miss you guys! How is kindergarten going? We had our first day of dance today and we missed you guys. It was sad! Wish you were here!