I should have posted this one before the previous one but. . . O-well
We got together on Christmas Eve with some of our friends at the church and had a little pot luck. We also had the kids dress up and act out the Birth of our Savior. Brooklyn was so excited but very humbled to be Mary. Landon was a very cute and chubby Wise Man.
Don't ask me what Brooklyn was thinking but she just asked me to put this pencil together with the ribbon on the end and then she wanted it in her hair. So this is what she got! Maybe she is trying to do something like Ariel from little Mermaid???
Well the past week Landon has been getting more and more mobile. He has been crawling for about 2 weeks now and is pulling himself up on everything! He has NO fear.... awwwww! Here are some cute pics of the big boy!
Meet the newest and coldest member of the family. He sleeps outside because he makes a mess when he is inside (he isn't potty trained)While Landon was napping Mom and Brooklyn made a snowman!!! He is a miniture size because the snow wasn't wet enough. We had lots of fun anyway!
We took the kids to see Santa today. It was pretty uneventful which is OK. Brooklyn was her shy self and Landon just made sure that Brooklyn didn't leave his sight. We hope Brooklyn will be good so she will get the things she asked Santa for. HOHOHOMerry Christmas
We had a great Thanksgiving! We were kindly invited over to the Park's Home(a family in our Waukee ward). We got there a little late but we were bringing the pies anyway so it was OK. Brooklyn had a blast playing with their 6 year old girl Ashley and they have already made plans for another play date!!! YEAH!
I brought a pumpkin and apple pie and I might say so myself they turned out great. Thanks Mom for teaching me to be a great pie maker... someday I will be as good as you.
After a long day of stuffing our face we had to stop and all share what we were thankful for. here are a couple of things the Tolboe family is thankful for:
Mom: "My list is never ending and as each day goes by it gets longer longer, but on my list was; Healthy Children, Wonderful Husband, The Gospel of Jesus Christ, Family (even far away) Warm home, Food, and Great Friends
Dad: his list is coming soon...
Brooklyn: "I'm thankfill for coloring and dancing. I thankfill I can go to dance lessons and go to nursery."
Landon: He told Mom that he is thankful for food and lots of love from Mom, Dad and sometimes Brooklyn. . . just kidding
Today seemed like the longest day ever!!! But is was good! Dad worked late last night so we got to spend the morning with him and took him to school at 10:30 Then we were off to the store to buy a present for a friend of Brooklyn's. Then off to the Doctor. Landon had his 6 month apt. and they were both getting shots today :(
Mom prepped Brookie for about a week, and she said that she was going to be SO Brave, and she was. She got TWO stickers as you can see on her shirt. Landon unfortunately got three shots and an oral vaccine. My poor baby... Brooklyn told Landon that it was only going to hurt for a minute and then it will be all over. What a good big sister.
Then Brookie and Mom went to Culver's (Sorry Dad) and got some yummy custard.
After that we were off to the Birthday Party...that was fun and a bit crazy. Now we are home and Brooklyn and Landon are laying on the floor watching a show so Mom can get dinner ready and the house put together before Dad gets home -good luck :)
OK, I was Tagged along time ago from a friend of mine Debbie, and I have been tagged again by another friend, Katie E. So I guess I will keep this thing going... I am supposed to list 6 talents, fun facts etc. and then tag 6 people to do the same. Here goes nuthin'
1. I am a California girl through and through even though I was born in Bountiful, Utah. I hope to someday return to my mother ship "Cali" I love the warm weather and so I am dreading the next, oh should I say 5 months of cold weather out here in Iowa!!!
2. I used to be a really crazy girl!!! I was afraid of nothing and if you dared me to do something there was NO backing down. I have been sky diving and LOVED IT!!! BUT now I am a wimp. I think becoming a Mom makes you afraid of a lot of things...well things that would hurt you.
3. Speaking of being afraid... I hate scary movies and I get scared really easy. Christian used to scare me a lot but he has learned his lesson a couple of times when he has turned the lights out and tried to scare me but got a "kung-foo" kick to his junk :)
4. Some of you might know that I dance. I danced all growing up Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical. I was actually in Evita and played the young Evita, it was a very small part but I still mention it. I danced and taught in College and love it! I am teaching right now at the studio that Brooklyn takes lessons from. Dance is something that makes me so happy and I hope that I can do it FOREVER!!!
5. I was in a Junior Miss pageant when I was a Junior in High School, and I won the Talent category and was awarded a scholarship to college.
6. This part may make some of you feel old but, my husband will graduate from Podiatric Medical School in 2010 which then I will be 27 years old. So when my husband is done with residency I will be 30 years old. I know I am YOUNG, but I love being a young Mom. I want to be able to always have fun and play with my kids!!!
This time we made it all together. They had a Halloween party for the kids at Des Moines University (Daddy's School) We got to see Dad for about a second and then he was off to more studying. He is such a great Dad!!! Good luck on your test today honey. You are our HERO!!!
P.S. Brooklyn says that she is going to be a Doctor when she grows up.
Today was a blast!!! We went to Howells Pumpkin patch. Here are the kids on a tractor. Mom was a little nervous to have Brooklyn hold Landon, but we snapped the pictures fast! Brooklyn was a great Big sister.
If you can't tell, Landon was driving the tractor...
Just playing in the corn. We can't get away from this stuff :)
Just another day on the farm, drivin' the tractor.
Landon's turn to drive, watch out!!!
I don't know how he is doing this???
Look how tall I am Mom and her crazy kids ... gotta love 'em.