Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our day at the splash park

The kids had a blast at the birthday party at the splash park . . . but sorry to say I did NOT.





We were invited to a fun birthday party at St. Clair Shores splash park. This park is right on St. Clair lake and one of the funnest parks around here.The kids played for a while getting wet and having fun, until I got stung by a wasp! It hurt so bad. I have never been stung by a wasp, only a bee and man those suckers hurt!!! I was really nervous because both of my parents are highly allergic to bee and wasp stings. So allergic they go into Anaphylaxis and stop breathing. As you can expect I was really freaking out. I tried to stay calm as I called my Dad to ask him what to expect. Nothing happened and so I am happy to say I am not allergic.
We had some Tylenol with codeine at home so I took a little swig of that when I got home and I am one happy blogger...HAHA


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that is horrible Jenni! I'm sorry you were stung. You are actually the second person this week that was stung by a wasp and both of you said they hurt so much worse than a bee sting! Miss you.

Julie said...

I love the family pics at the top of your blog. I can't decide which I like better. The close up of Claire is adorable of all of you but, Landon peeking out from behind his daddy's leg is classic. You guys are so cute. Thanks for letting Dave come stay at your house last week! He loved it. He really seemed to enjoy the program and had fun spending time with your family. Sure miss you guys. Glad to see you are doing good.