Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks

Well, the last post was about my sick family, and right after that I got SICK! Man was that a nasty flu bug but we are all glad to be over that.

Thanksgiving was a little different this year, with no family, but it was OK. We went to DMU for a free Thanksgiving dinner put on by the school which was nice but no that yummy. It was fun to be with friends but wished the food tasted better, nothing beats Mom's/Grandmas cooking.

Well at least Landon thought it was good.

Friday morning we all slept in and then later that day I took Brooklyn on a Mommy daughter date. She had no idea where we were going and when we got there she was overwhelmed with joy she couldn't even speak!!! We got tickets to Disney On Ice!!! I remember going when I was a kid and I wanted her to have the same fun experience. Nanna helped with the cost so we had Great seats. A fun day that I hope Brooklyn and I will remember for a while!

Saturday was a pretty uneventful day filled with cleaning and napping my two favorite things!!!

Sunday we woke up to SNOW and the kids were thrilled so they went outside with Dad while I made deep fried french toast (yes, the only kind to eat). Church was great as usual and then after dinner we all went out for some more snow fun!!!

Of course Brooklyn and her silly face
"It's too cold to smile Mom"

As I reflect back on a great weekend I have much to be thankful for. First off I am very thankful that Christian could be home with us, to spend some time together. Those days are far and few between. I am also thankful to have a healthy family and to be healthy myself. I have had a heck of a time with my health lately and I am glad to be feeling well and not have to be worried about going to the hospital every time I have some bad heartburn. Another thing I am thankful for is the great gift of being a Mother! There is no other job I would rather have than giving birth to and raising my children. I hope that I can get another "project" soon, we keep praying for another one. But I think I might need a raise too... I am thankful for the friends that we have made here in Iowa that make life so sweet when family is so far away. We are all thankful for our family that has helped us with so much while we have been in Iowa/school. We literally couldn't have made it without you. I could go on and on about all the things that I am thankful for but I will end with the most significant and influential thing in my life and that is the gospel of Jesus Christ. I would not be who I am today without the Church and the strength it gives me. The truths I know give me the strength to endure and handle the trials I am given.

How can you not be thankful for this???

9 comments:

{Erica} said...

That picture of Landon cracks me up. I am so bummed we couldn't make it to Disney on ice. I can only imagine Brooklyns elation when she figured out where you guys were...AWESOME!

You guys are such a fun family and I'm super glad we have you guys as friends.

Debbi said...

looks like everyone has had a great time going to disney on ice! Looks fun - I can't believe the snow there either, I don't miss it...love the cute new family pictures too - the header is cute!

Lindsay Sprague said...

you guys are so freakin cute! i love the fam pictures. where did u get them done? i havent' seen your blog yet, so after you said something to me tonight about stalking me, i thought i might just stalk you too! ;-) what book were you reading from tonight? it was good. i will now add your blog to my blog so i can readily view it! see you later, take care, feliz navidad...

Lindsay Sprague said...

your family is so darling! I love the pictures, where did you get them done? i haven't seen your blog yet, so since you are blog stalking me, i just thought i might blog stalk you!! ;-) so now i will add your blog to my blog so it can be readily viewed! wow that was alot of blog. anywho... take care, good night, feliz navidad.... bye.

Unknown said...

What cuties!! Peyton has that same shirt Booklyn is wearing the last picture. I can't wait until Peyton and I can do a mommy daughter date.

Anonymous said...

I love Brooklyn's face in the last picture!! She is so dang cute. Both of your kids are super cute. Glad you all are feeling better again!

Megan and Shawn said...

Your family pictures are so cute! I really love them. It was great to see you guys last night - I feel like we never get to hang out anymore (wahhhhh!) I know it wasn't ideal especially with Brooky not feeling good, but she was laughing her head off at you guys during the balloon pop and Santa's Sleigh ride. We love you guys!

Unknown said...

How fun to go to Disney on Ice. I can't wait until Ruby is old enough to do things like that!!! Glad you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

How fun to go to Disney on Ice. I can't wait until Ruby is old enough to do things like that!!! Glad you're feeling better.