Sunday, March 8, 2009

Over due post and our trip to Cali


I know I haven't posted in a while, but there wasn't a whole lot going on around here. BUT there was a party going on in California. For my Dad's 50th Birthday my Mom flew the kids and me to California to surprise Grandpa for his birthday! We left on February 19th and stayed for 10 days!!! It was a great vacation and much over due visit to see family. The kids did great on the long flight there, I was so thankful. We ended up flying into San Francisco instead of Oakland because of a missed flight and arrived late Thursday night. We spent the night at my Aunt Laurie's and we were sure grateful, because it was 5 min from the airport and we didn't want to make the 2 and 1/2 hour drive to Modesto after being on a plane ALL DAY! Then Friday after having to locate our luggage that went to the Oakland airport from the flight switch we got home to Modesto, showered, and headed to Grandpa's work.

My Mom dropped us off right before the shop and she went in to make sure Dad was out of sight. We snuck into the front shop and told the guys to call Dad up and say there was a costumer up there to talk to him. The kids and I hid behind the cash register area and Brooklyn jumped out with balloons and I was holding Landon. The look on my Dad's face well, was kinda dumbfounded. He didn't smile he didn't really say anything. I ran up and hugged him and then I think it finally registered who we were and what we were doing there. I guess when you are 50 it takes longer for things to process!!! After lots of love from his Grand kids we headed to lunch and then over to Grandpa Toboe's office to surprise them.

I love surprising people and the feeling you get when you make that person so happy. PRICELESS!!! Thanks Mom for making that happen.

The warm weather mixed with awesome Aunts and Uncles to play with my kids made it so we didn't want to come back to cold Iowa. We just kept telling ourselves that we would be back in 2 months.....awww, scary I better get packing!

Our time in California was so much fun, but of course I missed Christian. Luckily he was busy the first week with studying but after that Rock Band couldn't fill the void of his wife and kids. Also thanks to Megan and Katie who fed my starving husband, you are so great!
Good thing I left a long list of cleaning to be done while I was gone. Thanks babe for having the house spotless for us!!! There is nothing better than coming home to a clean house, you are the BEST, I LOVE YOU Honey!

1 comment:

Megan and Shawn said...

I'm glad you had a great time, but we missed you guys! No fun getting to know you and then having to move away, but I guess thats the price we pay marrying doctors....