Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Break in Utah

Our long drive to Utah turned out to be a GREAT trip! The kids were great and surprisingly no one got sick. We got to see everyone we wanted to see and lots of reminiscing was "scheduled!"

We left Friday afternoon and took two days to get there, arriving on Saturday the 15th around 4:30pm. We didn't get any bad weather , but the kids were sure well rested. So we sent them out to play in Grandma and Grandpa Greats big back yard. Brianne, my sister who is going to LDSBC came up to see us and we met her new boyfriend... ohhhh

Sunday we were a little naughty and ditched church to go see temple square. Brooklyn loved it and really was in awe at the thing to see. That really impressed Christian and I that she has a true love for those things. Yeah!!! All that teaching is paying off.

Here are some pictures of the visitor's center in SLC.

Their love for the Savior starts here...

And it starts to snow...



Sunday night we headed over to Cathy's (Nana's) house in the mountains. We had to park our car and 4-wheel into her house. That was an adventure for sure, but the kids loved it.


Monday we went to an awesome equestrian park owned by a Kind and Generous lady who let us ride her horses.




Tuesday we went to SLC to get our hair cut from our favorite Hairdresser that we sure have missed out here in Iowa! Thanks Lauren!


Wednesday the Tolboe's headed off to our next destination but first stopping off in Provo to visit Jenni's old work UVRMC (Utah Valley Regional Medical Center) and Christian's beloved Wilkinson Center. We also couldn't pass up the opportunity to get some CAFE RIO!!!
We spent the night in Centerville again at Grandma Great's before we headed to Smithfield to see Kelly (Christian's sister).
***My Grandma and Grandpa Burnham's house is like my second home because I lived there (so did Christian) while I was going to school at Weber State.

So we arrived at the Cromwell's house Thursday
afternoon and had a blast all weekend! Thanks to Kelly who was a wonderful hostess and took care of us poor students.


Friday Erin and James and the boys got to Kelly's and we we
nt to Cashe Valley Fun Park and let the kids play and then bowled. That night the kids died Easter eggs and set them out for the Easter bunny.


P.S. You can click on the scrapbook pages to view them closer...







































Saturday
we celebrated Easter a little early and had our own little egg hunt before we left!











11 comments:

Megan and Shawn said...

I loved those pictures of Brooky! How precious is she? I'm glad you guys had a good time, and sorry that I brought the snow back with me!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys were VERY busy in Utah. Glad you had a blast. Looks like the kids had tonz of fun too!

Debbi said...

I love the picture of Brooklyn holding Landons hand at temple square looking up at Christ. What a great picture! It looks like you guys were busy and had a lot of fun!

mary said...

CUTE pictures... look at you, scrapbooking mama! I loved those sweet pics. And what a cute birthday post of Christian also.

Heatherbether said...

Loved, loved, loved the Spring Break pictures. How fun to see all the cousins together. I can't believe how big all the cousins have gotten. We've got to plan a mini family reunion so all these adorable children can play together. Buddy, PUT A COAT ON!!!! I guess the Ohio weather has toughened you up.

Heatherbether said...

oops, I meant Iowa, not Ohio!

Courtney said...

Sounds like your family had a great time in Utah! I'm so jealous! We have had to four wheel up to Doug's parents' house before! They live up in the mountains as well!

Anonymous said...

FUN! That is so great that you were able to go home! I loved all of your pictures! They made me homesick for the mountains. :( Can I just say that little miss Brooklyn is ADORABLE! She looked so cute yesterday at church! (well she looks cute everyday) CUTE KIDS!

Unknown said...

Hello! I miss you. I have been moving and found all of our letters and notes from Junior High! It made me smile, we were CRAZY. It sounds like you had a great time in Utah. I finally updated my blog so take a look. I am trying to become more blog savvy, how did you do your header?? Give me your secrets. Hope to hear from you soon. Love ya

Andrea said...

wow it sure looks like your family had an AWESOME Spring Break and Easter!!! those pics of your kids are PRICELESS in front of the statue of Christ. Wow, they sure are getting cuter and cuter every day! i swear i never see you anymore. maybe when the weather gets warmer (haha) we can all plan a trip to the zoo!

Shane and Jill said...

*Sigh* I MISS the mountains! I can't wait to go home to Montana this summer and get in some great hiking and camping trips!