Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Sweet Spirit of a Child


So the other night we were watching a movie, "Martian Child." At the end it is pretty emotional and I was crying of course (being a woman and a mom) The next thing I noticed Brooklyn turned to me and was crying pretty hard with huge tears rolling down her face. As I took her into my arms I asked her why she was crying? It took her a minute to stop crying and when she did she said and I quote: "Mom, you know when at church you're so happy that you cry?"
"Yeah", I said
"Well I am crying because I am happy."

And then I started to cry because I was "so happy." I love my children, and I know that the spirit can be felt especially through a little child of our Heavenly Father.

7 comments:

allison said...

How sweet.

Courtney said...

How cute of Brooklyn! I really liked the movie Martian Child, totally not what I expected it to be.

Debbi said...

cute, gage told me the other day that sometimes when he says prayers he gets tingly - it's funny what they pick up on! I love the story!

Unknown said...

How sweet. Kids really have the sweetest spirits.

{Erica} said...

That is soo cute! she must have some really good parents teaching her :)

Shane and Jill said...

Awww...she is SO sweet! She said the cutest little things while she was over here, and made all of us laugh quite a bit....I miss those days with my girls :)

Anonymous said...

What a great story and one you will have to remember forever. It is great to know that what we teach them actually sinks in... to a degree. How sweet!