Friday, July 25, 2008

One Hot Mama (even at 25)


Yesterday morning, Dad and the kids smothered Mom in bed and sang "Happy Birthday." I'm sure she would have preferred for us to go downstairs and let her sleep, but where's the fun in that? Instead of making breakfast, we took her out to breakfast. We all enjoyed the food, and Dad was glad he didn't have to do any dishes. After breakfast, we went home and Mom darted out the door. She got gift certificates from my mom, my sister, and Megan. So naturally she just HAD to go shopping. Who knew that three gift certificates could last 4 hours?!

After that Jenni and I headed off to dinner and a movie. We went to an awesome restaurant the Bone Fish Grill

Then we went to see Hancock. Even though it wasn't a comedy, Jenni and I still laughed pretty hard at times.(Photo courtesy of Brooklyn Photography inc.)

When we got home from our little date, the kids were exhausted. The Humphers watched the kids, and Jon did a great job playing with the kids and tiring them out. Or was it the kids playing with Jon and tiring HIM out? Either way, the kids slept great.

After we put the kids to bed, Jenni visited one of her good friend's blog and she, Senessa, had done a post on Jenni. Here's a pic that she posted from when they were in junior high. (I had a good laugh).



















Jenni said she had a great day yesterday and she deserved it. She's a wonderful mother and wife. There's no way I could do what she does. The kids and I are lucky we have her.


We love you Mom!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girly and I hope you had a wonderful day! I love your new camera and hope to get one soon. Let me know how much you LOVE it!!

Amy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! I never remember if your birthday is the day before or after my moms. I guess it is the day before. It sounds like you had a good one. LOVE YA!

FlorenceFamily said...

Happy Birthday! How have you been? I miss you guys. When are you coming home again? I hope soon. Yes I made Abby's Birthday cake. Thanks. I need to call you so we can catch up. Hope you are doing good. Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

Happy B-Day Jenny!!! I miss you tons. I hope you had the most amazing 25th birthday ever. You know we're half way to 50... yikes! I love your blog and check it ALL the time cuz you guys are so cute :) Hope to see you soon, at least before we're both 30!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jenni! Looks like you had a great day. And what cute pics. You are such a cutie!

D and J Larson said...

happy birthday congrats on a d-slr! they are fun

Debbi said...

Happy Late Birthday! I hope you are home and doing better now! Please Please call me if you need anything! I LOVE the new camera, totally jealous (although I wouldn't even know where to start!)

Heatherbether said...

Happy Birthday a little late! My cousin just has the cutest little wifey. You look great and your kids are adorable and of course I just love Budge to pieces! I really hope you start feeling better and those Docs figure out what's going on!