Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Stupid Gall Bladder

Just when things are going great and you don't have a care in the world (like right after a great birthday) you are grounded by a trial in your life. My trial this month is my Gall Bladder and Pancreas! Christian rushed me to the hospital Saturday night with the most pain I have ever felt in my life!!! I can honestly say that I would rather go through labor 20 times over than feel what I felt that night.

The Doctors decided to do a procedure called an ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography). This procedure is to get out the stones that are located in my Bile Duct. They go through my throat, then down into my stomach and then to the Bile Duct to pull the stones and sludge out of there. Everything went well with that procedure and they gave me wonderful drugs so I don't remember a thing!!!

Well, after the ERCP yesterday they told me to rest and then I would be discharged the next day. Unfortunately I have had a lot more pain and nausea and vomiting so they drew some more blood to find out that my Amylase and Lipase (my Pancreas enzymes) were critically elevated. Which is NOT GOOD! So I am still in the hospital with NO food or drink and a lot of pain medicine. The only thing we can do is wait it out, and hopefully things will get better.

Christian is being such a great husband and father right now and I know he is getting Mucho blessings right now. I just wanted to thank all those people who have helped with the kids and have brought food over. I have been stressed about things at home and it is nice to know that the most important people in my life are taken care of. I feel so helpless here in the hospital.

Thanks again,
Jennilyn

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. Talk about bad luck. I hope you get better quickly! You'll be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Jenny, I called you today and to my suprise Buddy told me what was going on. I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I hope you feel better soon. That darn gall bladder needs to be removed and then you won't have this problem again. I wish I could be there to babysit or help out in some way. I hope you feel better soon. Love Lauren

Chet and Kristina Cox said...

Please please feel better:) I hope everything will work out we will be thinking about you.

mary said...

Jenni, wow. What a crazy thing! I am glad you are doing well. Happy birthday to you ... what a great birthday and cute post! Brooklyn Photography Inc. is awesome!

The Allred Family said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon. I am so sorry about all of this. Hang in there and I hope that things turn around quickly!

Amy said...

You turn 25 and your body gives out. It is just down hill from here.
Seriously, I hope you get better soon, you and your little family are in our prayers. Which I was closer I would love to help out. Get that cholecystectomy and get out of that hospital!!;) LOVE YOU!

Debbi said...

Our prayers have been with you guys, I'll say it again - if there is anything you need, please let me know! I hope you make it home soon!

suds2004 said...

I've been thinking about you all week. Please send Landon over sometime to play. Hang in there.

Megan and Shawn said...

Jenni, I hope you are doing better! It seriously brings tears to my eyes to have been so far away and unable to help! Hopefully you'll be home soon, and feeling better! Thinking of you always!

Andrea said...

Oh Jenniliyn...I am SO sorry to hear about your recent troubles. What a pain!! Seriously I am home all day long and would love to have Brooklyn and Landon over ANYTIME!! I hope you get to come home soon, and start feeling better!!

PS One Hot Mama is right! What a babe :) I am glad to see that at least you were able to celebrate and have a fun bday! Happy 25

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenny! I have been thinking about you and wondering what how you are doing!!! I hope you got my message last week. Life has been crazy around the Janke jungle, but let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do. I think your sister is here now to help, so hopefully that is a little relief. You are a trooper and I am sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine the pain you must have been feeling! Call me!

{Erica} said...

Oh Yuck!! Wish I was there to help you out and come visit you in the hospital with a trashy celeb gossip mag :). So how cmoe they don't juet remove the darn thing? I have mine out and so glad I did because the pain before I had it out was HORRIBLE!! I'll be home by sunday so call me if oyu need anything. The kids are more than welcome to come over...seriously...let me know what I can do.

My Story said...

That is a crazy story. I hope all goes well. And Congrats with the 3rd. That's awesome you got the Camera! I'm pretty sure I wont get mine till Christmas. Who knows though. Your pictures are so cute. Looks like its a natural talent. Maybe its because your kids are just so darn cute and photogenic.