Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back Home

Well, after 5 days of pain meds and lots of blood draws, I am home. I do though need to take a minute to explain the whole story.

The reason why they couldn't take out my Gall Bladder is because I am 4 weeks PREGNANT! We actually found out the Wednesday before I went into the hospital (nice timing right?) So, I had much more to worry about than just me. There were some risks to the baby with the ERCP, but we hope that everything is OK. Since this is such a critical time of the baby's growth there were a lot of prayers said for me and the baby, and I appreciate all of them. Christian and Shawn came and gave me a blessing, which gave me much comfort and calmed my fears. Since the baby is so small they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound except for the embryonic sac formed. I should be going to the Doctor soon to check things out.

The Surgeons said that they plan to take out my Gall Bladder at around 15 weeks (second trimester) because of the risks to the baby. We hope all goes well when the time comes...

Thanks to all those who have made meals and sent their love from far away.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yey, you are home! I am so happy to hear that! I hope you start feeling like yourself again soon. I will call this week. Congrats again!

Heatherbether said...

Yeah!! Another adorable Tolboe baby is coming! I'm so happy for you guys, and I'm also glad that we're not the only one having our family so fast. More fun kids to run around at our next family reunion! We'll definitely pray for you & baby #3.

Unknown said...

So I'm both happy and sad for you at the same time. Congrats with the new baby. I'm so excited for you! And I'm sad that you have to go through all of this gallbladder nasty stuff. My prayers will continue to be with you and your family and especially with this new little one.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!! I cannot believe it I almost fell off my chair! Congrats.......talk to me if you see me on messenger

{Erica} said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope you're feeling better (gall bladder wise and pregnancy wise).

We're back in Iowa so let me know what I can do to help you!

Again, SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!

suds2004 said...

Yeah! What an exciting thing. I have been thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.
Hang in there.

Amy said...

Good heavens-We are praying for you and your little baby. I hope you feel well enough and strong enough to deal with all this. Congrats though, on the baby!!!

mary said...

Jennilyn, I'm so excited for your baby number three. Don't hesitate to call if you need a break-- I get pregnant-sick too, and I totally know how it is! We'd love to have Brooklyn and Landon over anytime. David has a monster crush on Brooklyn, and little Landon and Hyrum are perfect buddies. We're happy to help!

Debbi said...

Yeah for being home! Congratulations, can't wait to see the little one in may if you are still around when we come back. Hope you are feeling better.

D and J Larson said...

yeah! i'm happy and sad for you... good luck with the whole stupid gall bladder!