Thursday, April 23, 2009

17 Weeks and feeling good!


I am 17 weeks along and I have finally started to feel better! It seems like with this pregnancy the nausea stayed a little too long. I am still a little sick if I don't get enough rest or don't eat regularly but things are looking up. I have more energy, not a lot but more than I did the first trimester. I can actually keep up with the kids and the stuff around the house. I love having kids and being a Mom, but I am not the happiest pregnant woman.

I have started feeling the baby move for about 3 weeks now and that is something you never get sick of! I love that feeling and can't wait for Brooklyn and Landon to feel it too. Landon knows that there is a baby in my tummy and after we ask him where Mommy's baby is and he points to my belly, he then lifts up his shirt to tell us where his baby is. I love that little boy. He has been going to my Doctor appointments to hear the heartbeat and get measured. He usually sits in the chair really quiet and then when the Doctor lifts my shirt to listen to the heartbeat he kinda gets uneasy and has a worried look on his face, like "what are you doing to my Mom?" He then jumps off the chair and runs to my side. What a protective little boy I have.

My next Doctor appointment I will be 19 weeks and then they should schedule my ultrasound after that. I hope they can do it before we leave for California, or I will have to wait until I get there and see if Randy can fit me in before Christian leaves... :(

Our house is slowly starting to look bare and also filled with boxes everywhere. I feel like I am living in constant clutter and disarray, but it will soon be all boxed up and on its way to California. We only have a month until we move and we are all getting a little more sad each day that passes. We will all miss the friends we have made out here in Iowa. The memories that we have shared are priceless. Love to you all

4 comments:

Amy said...

Look at how cute and preggers you are. . .I love it!

Debbi said...

You look awesome! I hate that half-packed stage of a house, it's frustrating. I hope that Christian can be there too when you get the utrasound, or maybe you'll have to wait and be suprised! Glad you are feeling a little better!

Shane and Jill said...

I am glad you are feeling better! It is the pits to be sick so much. You all will definitely be missed in Maple Grove!

Tavia said...

Hooray that you're feeling better! And I have to agree, the one thing I'm never sick of is feeling the movements and kicks. That's the coolest! Keep us posted when you find out what you're having.