Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter started off with some egg dying, which came along with a lot of broken and eaten eggs thanks to Landon. But our eggs came out beautifully and perfect for the Easter Bunny.




Easter is a wonderful time of year to celebrate life and give thanks for all that makes our lives happy and worth living for. Even though it is fun to hunt for eggs and see what a big bunny has left for us, we need to remember the real reason for this sacred holiday. This year and many before our family has remembered the story of our Savior's sacrifice by doing a little hands on object lesson, The Easter Story in Eggs. The kids really get involved and can understand the meaning of the Atonement. I know a lot of other families who enjoy this activity as well.


Happy Easter


A little message and video from Jeffery R. Holland, an Apostle of our Church. I cry every time I watch this, but it helps me put things into perspective and feel humbled.

2 comments:

Megan and Shawn said...

Thanks for posting that video - I loved that talk too. I also love the sparkly eggs - very nice!

Debbi said...

I am soo behind! congrats on the baby, I am such a bad friend! That is soo exciting we are happy for you guys! Also, only one month and 3 days to go until you move! wowzers, can you believe you are almost done! You guys look like you are doing great!